Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hit In the Face With An Opportunity

We recently got hit in the face with an opportunity and we're moving to Oklahoma?! (I'll admit it, I used that phrase because I really wanted to use the above picture :) Most of you probably already know this but I haven't blogged about it so I thought maybe I should get my act together! Here's the scoop:

Well, out of the blue, Eric got a call from a friend (a former Calvary coach) asking if he would be interested in being the head soccer coach at Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College (where this coach just started as the AD). At first it sounded like a bum situation with little pay and Eric would have to work a full-time job somewhere else and coach part time. After the AD worked on it a bit more, it ended up being a great opportunity with quite a bit more pay for coaching. And to make it even better, they created a position at the college for him to be the facilities coordinator for this new building that they rent out to the community. So basically it went from a very small part time position to a full-time year-round position! After visiting a couple times and interviewing, we decided to accept the position. (Isn't it amazing how God works things out?)
Eric will be starting August 1 which is just around the corner! We are in the process of trying to sell our house. We haven't packed 1 box yet. Maybe we should get started on that :)

It will be really hard to leave KC since we have lived here for about a decade and my parents live here, BUT, it's only 5 hours away. We just bought the lunchbox with good gas mileage so we can come back more often!

Here's a map that shows where we are moving (Moore Oklahoma is a suburb of Oklahoma City).

3 comments:

Laura said...

God works in mysterious ways doesn't He? I'm sooo excited for you guys--what a great opportunity! I miss you dearly (but not too much because I know we'll keep in touch!) =) By the way, I love the "hit in the face" pic!

uvtcharl.blogspot.com said...

I watched you create this entry and was wondering what the outcome would be; and you are a creative genious... love the pic and title. Oh and we will miss you tons; but we always have the blog; right?

Anonymous said...

You know we will all miss you lots! Congrats on the job opportunity and the new family :) We are sooo going to have to meet up in Wichita, or I will totally come visit you in OK! I can always use an excuse to head out of Salina :) Miss you lots!